Monday 17 December 2012

Matt Damon: Thought For The Day

“I never denied those rumours because I didn’t want to offend my friends who were gay – as if being gay were some kind of disease.
“It put me in a weird position in that sense. The whole thing was just gross."

Matt Damon quoted in The Sun.*
Have to say I'm addicted to scurrilous showbiz gay gossip, but never heard any rumours Matt Damon and Ben Afleck were a couple.

Damon also talks about the forthcoming Liberace biopic, Behind The Candleabra.
“We both have a lot of gay friends and we were not going to screw this up or bulls*** it.
“It wasn’t the most natural thing in the world to do, though. Like, for one scene, I had to come out of a pool, go over to Michael, straddle him on a chaise longue and start kissing him.
“And throughout the script, it’s not like I kiss him just once. We drew it up like a football plan.”

The Sun describe Liberace as the "flamboyant pianist", natch.

* Here's the original interview in US Playboy - a must-read at Fagburn Towers..

3 comments:

  1. I'm a massive fan of Matt Damon and the film he co-wrote with Affleck, Good Will Hunting (they both starred in it, too), is one of my favourite films.
    There were definitely rumours about Damon and Affleck from that film on (late-'90s) that were around for a few years until Damon got married, I think, but I don't think they were persistent or what you would think of as being on the more credible side of gay internet rumour.
    There are still rumours of the same type now, but it's usually about George Clooney and his friends, so I've seen similar suggestions about Clooney and Damon, and Clooney and Brad Pitt, etc.
    None of them have ever struck me as being anything other than the usual stuff you get on blind item sites where practically every male Hollywood star has been said to be gay by those guessing in the comments sections. It's like chinese whispers, they go round and round.

    Anyway, he's lovely and I don't think I've ever thought for a second that he might be gay or even bi.
    Sadly. :'(

    (he's played gay before, The Talented Mr. Ripley, which I really like - though it's a travesty of the book, really - which I think I've already mentioned on here recently as I'm getting strong deja-vu)

    I'm so looking forward to seeing this film, I hope it isn't going to suck (I thought Steven Soderbergh's last film Magic Mike was going to be dreadful but that managed to be a success, so I kind of think he's due a failure and this could potentially be awful (they're all straight, director and stars).
    Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to this fillum too.
      I'm fascinated by Lee and have good feelings about it - hopefully it won't turn out to be a slice of campy nonsense.
      It's also HBO, so maybe it will only be shown here by Sky Atlantic.
      Grrr...

      Delete
  2. Damon is a faggot Clint Eastwood fucks him when he needs a smoke Analluy he prefers

    ReplyDelete