Sunday 23 December 2012

Fagburn Awards 2012: Books Of The Year

1. Born This Way: Real Stories Of Growing Up Gay - Paul Vitagliano.
2. Hopes And Prospects/Occupy - Noam Chomsky.
3. My Story - Tom Daley.
4. The Passion Of Bradley Manning - Chase Madar.
5. Drugs: Without The Hot Air - David Nutt.

Regular viewers may know I mainly read smelly old books from charity shops.
My Special Award For The Best Old Book I Bought In A Charity Shop This Year goes to...
The Age Of Absurdity: Why Modern Life Makes It Hard To Be Happy - Michael Foley.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much, Fagburn! It's an honor to have the #1 book of the year! I'm very proud of it, so this is really nice to see! Have a wonderful holiday! xo - Paul V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the site and the book - wonderful, moving, inspirational stuff.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting me in such fine company. A survivable Christmas and a tolerable New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to you.
    Now I wonder if Tom Daley has the good manners to say thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was my book number six??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gay Balls: Tasteful Photos of Homosexual Testes - B. Kurious

    "It's just a load of bollocks!" - The Guardian

    ReplyDelete