Saturday 19 May 2012

Thought For The Day: Steven Moffat

“It’s so unfair! Dippy, left-wing, PC, liberal me - and suddenly I’ve been given the sexual politics of Connery in Goldfinger but with neither the grace nor the looks. I’m ugly Sixties Bond - how much worse can you get?
“Yet I am not like that! It’s men I can’t stand. Gays and geeks are OK, but real men are awful. Those blokes who say: ‘How does your car hold the road?’ And you’re thinking ‘Gravity!’ And don’t ask me about football!”

Steven Moffat, in The Times, on accusations of male chauvinism and that his female characters were "tired old tropes."
Mr Moffat - writer of Dr Who and Sherlock, and a notorious heterosexual - is, alongside Russell T Davies and Mark Gatiss, part of the holy trinity of the BBC's Saturday evening TV.
Next Sunday he will receive a Special Award at the Baftas in recognition of his outstanding creative writing contribution to television.

No comments:

Post a Comment