Friday 12 October 2012

Mika: Unamazing

Are you amazed that in 2012 people are still fascinated by someone's sexuality?
Mika: "It's funny. You can't believe the amount of speculation you get over your private life."
You recently came out, didn't you?
Mika: "I did, because I was happy."
Has it made a difference?
Mika: "No, because the question still comes up in every fucking interview! Only now it's like: 'What are gay stereotypes?' 'Are you a gay stereotype?' It has not ended."
Did you feel bullied into coming out?
Mika: "No, because I have been bullied and I know what it feels like. You're being kicked in the stomach, you want to vomit – that's bullying."

"The flamboyant singer" Mika interviewed in The Guardian
Here's a vile piece of innuendo from The Guardian before this unbelievably annoying singer came out.

Update: The "colourful popster"  told the Daily Star Saturday; "Writing love songs was new to me, so I had a lot to play around with – songs were falling out of me.
“It was such a statement of freedom from someone who’d been so guarded in my lyrics but it came from a place of joy rather than pressure or insecurity.”

Update 2: The album The Origin Of Love scraped into the charts at number 24. Game over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment