Saturday 7 July 2012

Thought For The Day: Alan Cumming

"If you're not convincing as anything, you're not convincing. Your sexuality or beliefs are sometimes relevant to the role you're playing, and sometimes not. In Eli [Gold]'s case, they're absolutely not. I have affairs in the series. If people didn't believe it... I mean, I play Macbeth but nobody says, 'Och, he never murdered anyone, how dare he act in this'. You know what I mean?"
"I've been shagging away on screen this season, I've never seen it as a worry or a problem or an issue. Even to speak about it smacks of homophobia. There's a hint of homophobia even in the question."

Alan Cumming in The Independent.
I wonder if straight journalists will get as tired of asking this question as gay actors have of answering it?
When a big name straight actor plays a gay man they usually hand him an Oscar.
"So brave..." etc etc

No comments:

Post a Comment