Saturday 21 July 2012

Scouts: Honour

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Boy Scouts Of America oath
Their website defines being "morally straight" (!) as; "To be a person of strong character, your relationships with others should be honest and open. You should respect and defend the rights of all people..."
Boy Scouts Of America has decided to maintain its ban on gay scouts and gay scout leaders. 
Hard to think of any other organisation getting away with this in 2012 - apart from churches, obvs.
I wonder what Baden Powell would have said?
Mind you, he'd probably be too busy wanking over strong young lads in shorts.
Irony!

No comments:

Post a Comment