Friday 13 July 2012

KISS: Sans Make Up

"Let me tell you a nightmare scenario. We're going through an airport in middle America someplace, and there's one of these stores in the middle of an airport. And mostly mature women stop in and buy these things, because no young lady in her right mind would go and buy fashion in an airport. And there's this kind of red-sequined glittery top that Dame Edna might wear. I stopped everybody, walked in there, proudly put cash down and took this red sequined outfit. Of course it was too small, so I had to get the seamstresses to take it out. And I proudly walked out on stage like a fucking buffoon, because I had lost my soul."

Gene Simmons from KISS on the terrible make-up-free wilderness years.
Heaven forfend a member of KISS should look silly, eh?
Quoted in a suitably amusing mini-oral history of the brilliantly ridic' rockers in The Guardian.
The band are sort-of promoting The KISS Monster Book, which in true Kiss-style is 3ft high and 2 1/2ft wide and costs just $4,299.
Gene says; "When they say size don't matter, they're lying!"
Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment