Saturday 20 April 2013

Thought For The Day: Lord [Annoying Square Brackets] Browne

“They say that their [people in business's] clients or their customers may not like [people being gay]. I’ve heard that so many times. In the early days it frightened me so much that I became determined to hide away who I was. I feel so much more calm now. It’s a huge liberation.” 

Today's big Saturday Interview in The Times is with Lord Browne.
The business man's Adam Lambert.
An unconvicted corporate mass murderer when he was head of BP, now - presumably - a "controversial... gay icon".
Even though John Browne's only out now cause he committed perjury by trying to cover up the fact that he was gay.
But what the hey, eh?

PS Some "interesting" statuettes behind Lord John in that photo. If I wins the lottery I am so gonna buy me some of those naked antique dudes.

2 comments:

  1. Agree totally with your sentiments.

    Browne is such a hypocrite and a 'Johnny-Come-Lately'. There was no courage in his decision to come out. He was forced out as you say because of what he did.

    As a gay business-man I would never look to Browne as a role-model or any other type of model. He repeats the same clap-trap every time he's interviewed and furthers the cause not one iota.

    May he continue to languish in his faux-baroque chair surrounded by statues of birds, St Francis and naked men. What a mixed-up person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely fawning copy/coverage of this interview in the usual quarters.

      PS He's also a dwarf.

      Delete