Monday 22 April 2013

Dear Pamela: I'm Terrified Of Bottoms

I'm a 21-year-old male student and I'm gay. I came out fairly recently and I'm feeling optimistic about my love life. 
I've received a decent amount of sexual interest from other gay men and would like to have a relationship. But I'm terrified of bottoms. The thought of anal sex fills me with fear and is a serious turn-off. I enjoy oral sex and intimacy, but I realise that this isn't enough for most potential partners. I'm worried that if I do meet somebody I like, this will be a deal-breaker. Should I try to get over this phobia?

Today's question put to The Guardian's agony aunt, Pamela Stephenson Connolly.

What would you say to our tormented gay student?

12 comments:

  1. I don't understand.
    Is he terrified of other people's bottoms?
    Or his own bottom?
    Or just gay dudes who "bottom"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he thinks he is being stalked by his own bottom.
      Every time he looks round, there it is. :(

      Delete
  2. Once you've had bottom, you'll never go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd rather have a bottom under me than a bottom on top o' me" - Dorothy Parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ballsed it up: "I'd rather have a bottom in front of me than a bottom on top 'o me".
      O well...

      xx

      Delete
  4. Is that a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a picture of Tom crying over spilt milk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ease up, guys'n'gals. Yep, there's something awfully gigglesome about "I'm terrified of bottoms", but I wouldn't be surprised if the phrase were a sub's sad attempt to make more decorous something a bit earthier in the original. The guy's problem is genuine enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how he feels, even though I'm gay I find anal sex repulsive!

    ReplyDelete