Saturday 28 January 2012

Mark Gatiss: Comedy Vicar


"It's a cliché, but it's true that all the fun lies in baddies, grotesques and comic roles. For me, the joy of The League [of Gentlemen] was in the dressing up; the wigs and teeth. Now I get asked to play vicars all the time. I've only ever played one. I got offered three gay vicars in a day last year. I thought, 'Hang on, I'm not the new Nimmo!'. But as an actor, you know very early on if you're never going to play Romeo. And after that, it never enters your head."

Mark Gatiss, interviewed in The Independent.
Mark played a curate in an episode of Marple, TV buffs!
Oh, and he's doing something at the Donmar Warehouse.

4 comments:

  1. Yes an Anglo-Catholic curate - and we all now what they're about *wink*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that was who I think it was... :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear fellow, I have no idea half the time. x

    ReplyDelete