Tuesday 24 January 2012

Antony And The Johnsons: Swanlights


Swanlights by Antony and the Johnsons from Secretly Jag on Vimeo.

"Queer expression is where I found all my fulfillment—since childhood.
"Trans men give us so much. We have to dream for the future of men, because men need so much help. Faggots have to get on it. Trans people offer a new interpretation of how to perform as male with the knowledge of experience of the feminine in the back pocket."

Interviewed in Out.
Loads of stuff coming up from our Ant'ny...

4 comments:

  1. Hold on - wasn't she all "I'm not a gay, I don't talk about that stuff - I is an ambiguous!" when I Am A Bird came out??
    Like Mika and the other one?
    Changed her tune...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misrepresentation of the point he was making...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Faggots have to get on it" - seems fairly simple, to me.
    Either he is or he isn't.
    Ooh, major success beckons: I am not a faggot, don't ask me - major success fails to materialise: I am now going to tell faggots what to do.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I'm just fucking around.
    Go Antony, etc.

    x

    ReplyDelete