Saturday 2 June 2012

Elton John: Glee

'There are moments when you're reminded that for all his loudly-expressed love of dubstep auteur James Blake, Elton John is a pop star from another era. He doesn't own a computer or an iPod or a mobile phone. "So I couldn't get hacked!" he cries with delight. "No, in one way, I wanted to be hacked, because I fucking hate…" Then he thinks better of it and his voice trails off. "Well, you know what I think."
'Has he been following the Leveson inquiry? "I'm clapping my hands with glee. The Sun tried to ruin my life years ago" – in 1987, he successfully sued the Sun for an estimated £1m after they claimed, among other things, that he "was at the centre of a shocking drugs and vice scandal involving teenage rent boys" – "and I fought them because I had the money to do it and the wherewithal not to be bullied. A year and a half it took me, and I won the apology on the front page. I'm OK, I could afford to fight back. A lot of people couldn't afford to fight back."'

Elton John interviewed by Alexis Petridis for The Guardian, who portrays him as a responsible (gay) dad now and no longer the tantrum-prone diva.
Top fact: In the toilet of his vast Las Vegas dressing room he has "a ceramic liquid soap dispenser in the shape of a large penis."

1 comment:

  1. Titled under Beautiful things we love and love to share! Wonder if he has one of these.

    http://img.dazedcdn.com/640x640/an/100/7/107848.jpg

    ReplyDelete