Saturday 29 September 2012

Rupert Everett: Dreadful. Snob.

"He's a dreadful snob, really." 

And that is all you really need to know. 
From a profile in The Guardian.

PS Vanished Years was serialised on the wireless this week, and I have to confess, I found it quite amusing. 

PPS Having a straight publication calling a gay man a "queen" in the headline, unsettles me. Am I alone in thinking this?

PPPS Rupert is one of those "queens" the broadsheets adore - "Ooh, he's bitchy, but clever with it!" (See also John Waters, Neil Tennant and the late Gore Vidal) - so he's probably everywhere this weekend. Forgive me if I don't catalogue them all.

Update: Claims in the Sunday Telegraph he's got "death threats" about his disparaging of gay parenting. You may note Dame Rupert hasn't contacted the police. Silly old drama queen.

1 comment:

  1. His anti-marriage rant in today's Guardian is quite amusing though...

    "But why do we want to get married in churches? I don't understand that, myself, personally. I loathe heterosexual weddings; I would never go to a wedding in my life. I loathe the flowers, I loathe the fucking wedding dress, the little bridal tiara. It's grotesque. It's just hideous. The wedding cake, the party, the champagne, the inevitable divorce two years later. It's just a waste of time in the heterosexual world, and in the homosexual world I find it personally beyond tragic that we want to ape this institution that is so clearly a disaster."

    ReplyDelete