Friday 7 September 2012

EastEnders: I Don't Believe I'm 'Earin' This

“I have had a brilliant time on EastEnders and made some amazing friends. I have also been blessed with some incredible storylines.
“I am especially pleased that the show has tackled and raised awareness of the sensitive subject of being a gay Muslim.
“As an actor you are always looking for new challenges and I feel now is the right time to explore different projects – perhaps returning to my roots in theatre.”
John added: “I have had the time of my life at EastEnders, but I have always gone with my instincts – and leaving at the same time as Marc felt like the only thing to do.
"It is the right end to the story and for Christian. But, excitingly, it is also the start of a whole new chapter for me.”

Statement by Marc Eliot, announcing that Chryed -  Christian and Syed - are being written out of EastEnders in November.
Tabloids have an inglorious history of getting predictions about soaps spectacularly and hilariously wrong, but this appears to be true. 
Marc had decided it was time to quit the show, so producers have decided to kill off the couple (literally?) "in an explosive storyline".

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't really know - there weren't any subtitles so I had no idea what they were talking about. It seemed to be something to do with poor people, and with constant dark misery and misfortune.

      Delete
  3. Sounds awful!
    No wonder this chappy's leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm quite sad about this.
    Though I haven't watched it in a long time, so I'm not sure why I'm sad.
    Eastenders really is dreadful nowadays, but it used to be great as soaps go.
    I think they still have a gay character in Ben Mitchell (I bet Phil said "I don't believe I'm 'earing this!" when Ben came out, haha!), though the last time I saw a bit of it it looked like Ben was embroiled in some dreadful murder storyline so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off to prison at some point.
    I know Gary Lucy (who's like a 30-something ex-Hollyoaks actor - the kind with a reputation for "womanising" in the tabloids about 8 years ago) is being cast as a new gay character.
    Which sounds a bit naff. :(

    ReplyDelete