Saturday 24 March 2012

The Guardian: Unbelievable

'So. I've just created my first ever scene. Well, not "just". It was six days ago, but I'm still shaking.
Buggerlugs and I were at playgroup. We've been several times, on a slightly-out-of-borough adventure. It's run by a church rather than a council, but apart from the fact there's a quick prayer at the end for the health of the babies, to which you would have to be a much more militant atheist than me to object, you can't tell.
'Until this week when, after a quick trot through the lost property and happy birthdays, came the words, "And there's also this petition to sign, against gay marriage" from the playgroup leader. And she pointed to the blue plastic clipboard she was holding...'

Lovely - yet terrible - piece by Lucy Mangan in The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment