Friday 29 October 2010

The Sun: Man Thanks Dog For Biting Him

Did you know The Sun outed the singer in dreadful BritPop hangers-on, Ocean Colour Scene, back in 1998 because they care?
"OCEAN COLOUR SCENE frontman SIMON FOWLER has praised The Sun for lifting the lid on his sexuality.
"The newspaper reported the revelation that he was gay after a former drummer of the band, Carolyn Hodrien, spilled the beans in a 1998 interview without Simon's knowledge.
"Despite being initially "horrified", Simon told me: "It was the best thing that ever happened to me, though it wasn't on the day it happened.
"I was in such a ludicrous position."
Just like now, then.
Simon Fowler smiles at the man from The Sun and says; "Thank you, massa."

4 comments:

  1. Did it make you want to buy the new 4CD Ocean Colour Scene boxset????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already got it.
    Ocean Colour Scene's fans are really loyal, you know?
    I think it's great that they're still going and stuff.
    I saw them once at the Astoria and it was unbearably blokey, but enjoyable.
    Anti-OCS sentiment is almost always pure snobbery, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only joking about the boxset, btw.
    I'm not actually a fan of OCS.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete