Friday 8 October 2010

Joe McElderry: 3am Eternal

Now I don't care about you, but Fagburn often quite enjoys reading The Daily Mirror's Showbiz gossip girls, 3am.
Well, actually Fagburn suspects that he likes one of the people who writes for it - the one who writes about your actual celebrity culture with a vintage Smash Hits-style love/hate jaded wit.
Here she/he is on Joe McElderry on Tuesday...

Yep, this week Joe's done three different interviews with celeb mags, in which he's happily chattered away about his decision to come out.
"I’m more relaxed and I feel comfortable in myself now," he tells new! mag. "It’s not ideal to have to tell the whole nation that you’re gay! I thought, “Oh my god, this is big stuff.” But once I realised who I was as a person, I thought, “Right, I’m just going to be honest.” Everybody’s been absolutely outstanding. I couldn’t have asked for a better reaction. I was overwhelmed."
"It was nerve racking but I’m glad I came out and I’m comfortable talking about it," he goes on in Closer. "Finding a boyfriend isn’t a priority for me at the moment. I’m quite shy. If I went out on a date, it would have to be very low key.”
And there's more in Star. "It's not such a big deal these days," he says, presumably getting bloody sick of being asked the same question by now. "The fans were brilliant, too. [A relationship] is not something I'm really thinking about right now. I'm just enjoying what I'm doing at the minute. But I wouldn't want anyone that was obviously obsessed with the job I do at the minute. Ideally I'd like someone who's not really bothered about all this. Someone normal."
Get that - Joe is HAPPY TALKING ABOUT BEING GAY, but ISN'T LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP and is OVERWHELMED BY THE PUBLIC SUPPORT.
Jolly good.
Jeez, we feel like we're in his brain. We promise that if we interview him ourselves anytime soon, we'll ask him something more original.

Fagburn couldn't have put it better himself.
Little Joe's first post-coming out interview with a newspaper is in today's Daily Mail.
And guess what?
He's happy talking about being gay.
'I had a good month to find myself. Once I realised, I thought: "Right, okay, I will talk about it."'
He isn't looking for a relationship.
"He will not reveal whether he is still a virgin, but he insists he is single... After X Factor, the clean-living singer was called 'the new Cliff Richard' - and it is easy to see why."
And yes, he is overwhelmed by the public support.
"'It's not been a big deal but the support I got was overwhelming,' he says."

Joe's New! interview.

2 comments:

  1. The above detourned photo - if you haven't guessed - was done by Perez Hilton, before Mr McElderry came out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will he be allowed to say who he wants to fuck.

    ReplyDelete