Wednesday 20 October 2010

Elton John: Wedding Balls


Sir Elton John tells Radio Times about his decision to perform for a million dollars at the wedding of right-wing goon Rush Limbaugh.
"I was incensed when people said I was throwing away 40 years of credibility for money. No. I don't need it. No-one was more surprised than I when Rush asked. Politically we're opposites. It was an opportunity to break the ice.
"I'm a builder of bridges and knocker-down of walls. I want him on side when I step up to the plate on civil partnerships."
Elton John is 63.

• BBC2 is broadcasting A Night With Elton John on October 30th.

4 comments:

  1. I think PDT is 8 hours behind GMT, so 5pm PDT will be 1am GMT.
    Or something.
    Tonight at 1am - like every other night at 1am - I shall be safely tucked away in bed.
    My condolences go out to your US readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awake! After 1am!!
    And the images are all still up!!!

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm a builder of bridges and knocker-down of walls."

    "...and bright not very."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Boy George line about Elton John; "All that money and he's still got hair like a dinnerlady."

    ReplyDelete