Monday 9 September 2013

Wentworth Miller: Not NOT Gay



"I had multiple opportunities to speak my truth, which is that I was gay, but I chose not to. I was out privately to family and friends. Publicly, I was not. I chose to lie. When I thought about the possibility of coming out, how that might impact me and the career I worked so hard for, I was filled with fear."

Wentworth Miller speaking about how he stayed so long in the Hollywood closet, at a swanky HRC do this weekend.
Via Towleroad and TMZ.

Hard to believe a succesful young male celebrity would deny being gay in this day and age, eh?
Miller also said he had made several suicide attempts.
He only came out in August, aged 41, saying it was a protest against homophobia in Russia; "A country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."
Who says Americans don't have a sense of irony?

PS And in other showbiz news about hawt American actor dudes, James Franco is subject to jokes about his sexuality at a celebrity roast and says he "really really really" wishes he was gay.
That's nice, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment