Monday 23 September 2013

Gay Star News: FFS

Now I don't know about you, but whenever I hear about a terrible human tragedy in which many people have died my first thoughts are always; "Oh dear, but are all the gays okay?"
Whenever I read about Guernica, Hiroshima, My Lai, East Timor, 9/11 or Fallujah, I always say; "Yes, that's all very well, but how many gay men were killed?"

From the morally obscene and embarrassingly thick Gay Star News.
[I've deleted a very badly worded comment here after being called on it. See comments].

PS More great gay reporting here..

As the Mirror story linked to says, Stonewall haven't withdrawn support from their own campaign, Football V Homophobia has.
From Gaytoz.com.

[Gay cliché watch: The Independent call being an out footballer "the last taboo" - apart from all the other "last taboos", obvs].

PPS And in the interest of balance, Pink News reports today that Daniel Radcliffe is lined up to play Freddie Mercury in a biopic... ACCORDING TO AN UNNAMED SOURCE IN THE DAILY STAR!
No need to check if that's true, then.
Oh FFS.

9 comments:

  1. My response: Why report gay terrorism victims paulocanning.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/why-report-gay-terrorism-victims.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good piece - thanks for the link.

      PS There's speculation some of the terrorists were men dressed as women - maybe GSN could cover this as another "LGBT angle"?

      Delete
    2. Thanks. It's had an interesting reaction - see pinknews editor tweet - some of which I have added. I wish there was a better debate on the ethics here.

      What may interest is that no one but GSN is reporting this. I don't think that's about ethics, I think that's about the victims being African. I doubt the relevant people/journos completely missed the GSN story.

      Sigh.

      Delete
  2. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sticking with describing Denis Nzioka as " somewhat suspect"? Asking for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't understand why if, understandably, he didn't want to name them, he then gave three initials for each of the two dead men.
      Must be easy to work it out when they publish a list of the dead...

      Delete
  4. Why not ask him. Also why not take into account the strain he's under and allow some mistakes, if that is what it is.

    It is completely unfair in your dislike of GSN to sideswipe Denis and Identity Kenya. You can see his ethics on display there and I will certainly vouch for him.

    You don't say why he might be "suspect", thereby leaving the impression that he is completely untrustworthy. Sorry, but that is not on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite right - though that's not what I meant, it was just spectacularly badly - and cruelly - worded.
      Have now edited, with a note to see comments.
      Apologies, and sincere thanks for picking me up on this.

      Richard

      Delete