Friday 13 September 2013

Elton John: That's Showbusiness!

Elton John's incredible life: Rock icon on fatherhood, fame, addiction and his brush with death

He's been an excess-all-areas superstar for more than four decades, but Elton says fatherhood has calmed him and he has never been happier

The Daily Mirror has an exclusive interview with the "flamboyant showman" Sir Elton of John today.
Just in case anyone missed yesterday's exclusive interview with the "flamboyant global superstar" in The Sun yesterday, where he talked about fatherhood, fame, addiction, his brush with death and how he has never been happier etc etc etc.
Still, good to see he's made up with The Sun after they libelled him to buggery in 1987.
But then he's also sued the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, The Guardian (unsuccesfully) and The Sunday Times.

Update: "This most flamboyantly industrious of modern knights" is also interviewed in Saturday's Independent. See if you can guess what he talks about...

"Life's too short,” he says. “I wanna be with my kids, I wanna be with my partner, but I'm addicted to working, like I was addicted to coke, like I'm addicted to eating and drinking. I'm an addict, and now I'm addicted to work, and it's got to stop."

NEWSFLASH! Kudos to Will Hodgkinson in The Times who asked Elton about some other stuff, like his new album, The Diving Board, fame fame fatal fame - the subject of its title track, new music, and being an older rocker.

And here's Elton John interviewed in Monday's Guardian. He talks about fatherhood, fame, addiction, his near brush with death etc etc.
But it's by Alexis Petridis - so gets the Fagburn seal of approval.
The Telegraph clearly got the short straw and talk to Bernie Taupin.
"Lyricist? I think of myself as a storyteller."
Don't laugh.  

"I'm supposed to be going to Moscow in December. I've got to go. And I've got to think about what I'm going to say very carefully. There's two avenues of thought: do you stop everyone going, ban all the artists coming in from Russia? But then you're really leaving the men and women who are gay and suffering under the anti-gay laws in an isolated situation. As a gay man, I can't leave those people on their own without going over there and supporting them. I don't know what's going to happen, but I've got to go."

Mind you, Elton refused to boycott Israel right after the 2010 peace flotilla massacre, and played Sun City in apartheid South Africa in 1983...

No comments:

Post a Comment