Saturday 9 February 2013

Lunch With The FT: Chris Hughes

Tandoori chicken half $14.00
Dal Makhni $13.50
Baghare Baingan $19.00
Naan $4.75
Basmati rice $5.50
Diet Coke $3.00
Sparkling water $8.00

Total (incl service) $88.76

FT Weekend - who rather likes the gays - has lunch with Facebook co-founder and unfeasibly rich gayer, Chris Hughes.
The above is what they ate.
She's said to be worth $600million, so I hope the bitch paid. 
Oh, and he's just relaunched The New Republic - now with added gay - and talks about working for Obama and that gaymarriage and you know, stuff.

PS Chris, if you're reading this, can I have twenty thousand pounds, please? It's just pocket money to you, but would mean a heck of a lot to little old me. I'll sacrifice all my loosely-held principles and say you're wonderful and have a huge schlong. I'm prepared to discuss this over a meal at Pizza Express. I've got a two-for-one voucher from the Argus, and just want a bottle of house red. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind £20 to buy a book I'm coveting [flutters eyelashes], please, Chris...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack Shafer, one of the wiliest old hands in American journalism, wrote a typically hilarious and well-crafted column about Hughes' takeover of TNR. Moneyline: "Hughes asks. 'Has your view on executive authority changed now that you’ve been president for four years? … I wonder if you can speak about how you personally, morally, wrestle with the ongoing violence [in Syria].' Maybe Hughes (and Foer) haven’t heard about drone warfare."

    http://blogs.reuters.com/jackshafer/2013/01/29/unsolicited-advice-for-new-republic-owner-chris-hughes/

    ReplyDelete