Friday 14 October 2011

The Tomb Of The Unknown Craftsman: Art!

Being a ponce I went up to London to see Grayson Perry's The Tomb of The Unknown Craftsman at the British Museum today.
Now if there's one thing everyone knows about Britain's best loved "Turner Prize winning transvestite potter" it's that he's a massive Fall fan.
So I was thinking "I bet he's managed to work MES into this somehow."
I was staring at the badges on his motorbike jacket, but no...
Then I turned a corner and BAM!
One of Grayson's huge fuck-off vases 'Grumpy Old God' about you know who - with a picture of MES on one side.
You can buy postcards of GOG (75p) but with the highest British attention to the wrong detail they show the side without MES on!*
Anyway the rest of the exhibition is totes amazeballs, too!
As is the British Museum.
Though there's none of their Dürer on display at the moment, and I didn't see Neil MacGregor.
I did see a lot of statues of Roman dudes in the nude, though.
Double amazeballs!

* The British Museum also sells postcards of The Warren Cup - tortuously arranged so you can't see any Roman nook. WHAT IS POINT??

No comments:

Post a Comment