Sunday 16 October 2011

Quentin Crisp: Thought For The Millennium

"Well, everyone will rush out into the street and drink and shout and wave their arms in the air and have their pockets picked, then go home again. But I shan't. I shall hide. I hope for nothing – nothing – in the new millennium except death. It will get noisier, it will get darker, it will get faster and the music will thump more. But I shall be dead."

From Observer Food Monthly - and why not?
John Hind claims to be the last person to interview Quentin Crisp, a week before he died in November 1999.
I think he probably was.
Fagburn knows the journalist who was booked in to interview Mr Crisp when he returned to London a few days after.
And believe you me, if you knew that journalist you'd have lost the will to live too.

No comments:

Post a Comment