Saturday 22 October 2011

Derren Brown: Thought For The Day

“I was Christian for many years and it did touch on that ‘healing homosexuals within’ thing . I think you can easily look for things, anything to encourage the idea that it’s going to pass. So that was most of my twenties. And I think part of the elaborately maintained solitary poetic existence was a bit of a way of just avoiding the whole question...
“The religious thing and that slight potential that it could be cured as well. I read a couple of the books — it all kind of made sense. There are undoubtedly some psychological patterns involved and I was like: ‘Yeah, oh yeah! That story of not getting on well with my father and then sort of feeling a bit alienated from other boys at school and not quite fitting in.’ There are these sort of patterns but whether they exist because you are gay or whether they make you gay, this is the big point.”

Derren Brown interviewed in The Times.
Derren Brown: The Experiments is on Fridays on Channel 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment