Sunday 16 October 2011

Steps: Tragedy!

Steps The Ultimate Collection has gone straight in at number one on the album chart.
I'm not sure how I feel about this.
It's like the last ten years were all in vain.
I've often found myself defending Steps - cause I hate the Modernist take on culture that fetishises innovation and difficulty over pleasure.
And cause people that really hate Steps are always bourgeois and boring no fun fuckwits.
I hate anti-Pop snobbery, where hating a band is a way of masking your hatred for their audience.
Which for Steps was young, gay, working class.
But maybe you have to draw the line somewhere?
And it's hard to knock an act that's brought so much joy to provincial gay clubs.
Isn't it?
Steps are playing some big comeback shows at the O2 Arena.
Well, it worked out so well for Michael Jackson...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think this article may set a record for sheer amount of generalisations in such a short space.
    Brava!

    ReplyDelete