Friday 14 October 2011

Liam Fox: Musical

"I have a massive record collection," he booms proudly in an East Kilbride baritone. "I play music all the time ... I love it! The Scissor Sisters made the best album of the year, and David Bowie is my favourite singer. I would say that my favourite album of all time is Bowie's Station to Station."

There is nothing effeminate about the stocky, strait-laced Fox. But the music that he likes, from Roxy Music to Soft Cell to Prince to Kate Bush, is not exactly what one would call rugged. "The first music that I got into was glam rock," says Fox. "And I think Ultravox and Visage are great. I love Everything But the Girl's album The Language of Life and The Hounds of Love by Kate Bush. I've been waiting over a decade for the new Kate Bush album to come out and now it's nearly arrived - that's a definite buying event to look forward to!"

From The Guardian, April 2005.
I think that's finally sorted out the whole "Is Liam Fox gay?" thing once and for all.
So let us hear no more about it.
Good day.

PS Bored? There's literally seconds of fun to be had with the Liam Fox adviser business card generator.

2 comments:

  1. What does he mean he waited over a decade for the new Kate Bush album? Didn't he buy Aerial!?

    He can't be gay....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article is from 2005....so yes he did. :(

    ReplyDelete