Friday 28 October 2011

Julie Burchill: Bye For Now

"Give the people what they want, goes the old line, and that day is here at last for me and the vast majority of Independent readers as I write my final column.
"I leave you with a light heart, well aware that it's time for me to move over. So I will now concentrate mainly on learning Hebrew and writing my memoir of philo-Semitism UNCHOSEN, with supplementary activity based around lunching, lazing and loafing. And the occasional foray into journalism, of course – I'd miss my trolls too much if I retired.
"L'hitraot! as we say in Israel – be seeing you!"

La Burchill signs off from her Independent column.
Fagburn got the feeling her wizened black heart was never really in this one, she can't even wind-up liberals like moi anymore.
All I remember over the last year has been the cracked record/mantra; "Try doing that in a Muslim country!"
And when she lapsed into one of her regular bouts of gay-bashing it was hard to feel insulted as they were laughably nonsensical and incomprehensible.
Fuck off Julie, you mad old right-wing Zionist Hove-dwelling witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment