Monday 18 August 2014

Daniel Radcliffe: Search Me

It’s hard to argue with Radcliffe’s contention that everyone wants to talk about it [his drinking]. I wonder if he has ever Googled himself and seen the automatic search entries, but before I finish the question he’s started reeling them off: “Daniel Radcliffe alcoholic. Daniel Radcliffe gay. Daniel Sebastian Coe. Radcliffe girlfriend,” he says, sighing as he does. Actually, I tell him, girlfriend is the top result these days.

“Oh great – I’ll take that, as these things go. I’m pleased my girlfriend comes up before alcoholic or gay. When I first did that, I got really annoyed for about half a minute, until I tried a few other people’s names and I found out [gay] comes up after almost everyone if they’re a man, and even some women – Florence Welch had it, and I was like, really?”

Maybe it’s a sign that a star has made it. “Probably. If people are speculating about your sexuality, then you’re doing OK,” he laughs.


The talented Mr Radcliffe's next film role is playing the notoriously heterosexual athlete, Sebastian Coe.

Daniel's current top searches at the time of typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment