Sunday 18 November 2012

Union J: There's Always One

X FACTOR heart-throb Jaymi Hensley has revealed Louis Walsh encouraged him to come out. The Union J singer sought advice from his mentor on the show, who has managed top bands Boyzone and Westlife, about making his decision.

And speaking exclusively to The Sun last night, Jaymi said: “I spoke to Louis about this and he said, ‘put it this way, both of my big boybands had a gay member in them.’ So he said it fits the formula quite well!
“Every boyband has got to have a gay one! And Louis just said ‘do it’.”
And Jaymi is delighted he did, admitting: “I’m gay and I’ve never been happier!”

“I came on to the show not wanting to be judged for my personal life.
“But people have caught wind of it and I just wanted to set the record straight. It is not a big thing for me — I came out when I was 14 to my family and friends and never had one piece of negativity.
“It is a brave move. There could be negative people, but they are just sad and stuck 20 years ago.
“I hope the reaction will hopefully be, ‘OK, we kind of knew, but well done on coming out’.
“I don’t want people to think I have hidden this to gain votes because I am so proud of who I am. I hope people respect me for being honest.”

The Sun Sunday

The Sun and the Sun Sunday's predecessor, The News Of The World, are notorious for effectively blackmailing young gay celebs into coming out, but clearly this has not happened here, and Jaymi just decided last night to tell all to the all-new and totally different "this leopard is now striped" Sun Sunday on a whim.
Obvs.

Top Jaymi Tru Popfax!

1. He spelz his name in a really annoying ditzy young queen way.

2. His boyfriend is a hairdresser!

3. The kid has dreams - big dreams. “I want to be able to go to gay clubs and be pictured with [Katie Price] and her gay friends.”
“I want to be able to go to gay clubs and be pictured with her and her gay friends. I want to have fun with my life.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4650601/Every-boyband-needs-a-gay-one-and-Im-Union-Js.html#ixzz2CZCFy0er 

X FACTOR heart-throb Jaymi Hensley has revealed Louis Walsh encouraged him to come out.

The Union J singer sought advice from his mentor on the show, who has managed top bands Boyzone and Westlife, about making his decision.
And speaking exclusively to The Sun last night, Jaymi said: “I spoke to Louis about this and he said, ‘put it this way, both of my big boybands had a gay member in them.’ So he said it fits the formula quite well!
“Every boyband has got to have a gay one! And Louis just said ‘do it’.”
And Jaymi is delighted he did, admitting: “I’m gay and I’ve never been happier!”


Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4650601/Every-boyband-needs-a-gay-one-and-Im-Union-Js.html#ixzz2CZAJyBaG

6 comments:

  1. "X Factor heart-throb Jaymi Hensley has revealed Louis Walsh encouraged him to come out." Funny that Louis has never followed his own advice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally have no idea what you are inferring.

      Delete
  2. “I want to be able to go to gay clubs and be pictured with [Katie Price] and her gay friends.”

    Yeah, but that's *after* training as a brain surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping there'd be a bit more support for Jaymi "So brave!" Hensley today, but clearly no. *sad face*

      Delete
  3. “I want to be able to go to gay clubs and be pictured with [Katie Price] and her gay friends. That and bumming.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have been pictures of him and his boyfriend, Olly, online for a while, I think. That might be what he's referring to when he says people "caught wind of it".
    I guess it was only a matter of time before they were used as leverage for an "exclusive".

    ReplyDelete