Monday 19 November 2012

Matthew Mitcham: Crystal Myths

AUSTRALIAN 10-metre platform diver Matt Mitcham says he battled a methamphetamine addiction in 2011 that almost derailed his career and his life, but the 2008 Beijing gold medallist will be free to compete on future Australian Olympic teams. 
In a book to be released on Monday, ``Twists and Turns,'' Mitcham reveals his battle with low self-esteem, anxiety and depression, panic attacks and repeated self-harm as a teenager, which helped begin his dependence on crystal meth... 

The Australian (and all gay media).

Now, far be it from me to accuse Matthew Mitcham of making this up just cause she's got a book to sell, but it does seem odd that his "addiction" to crystal never showed up in any of the random and frequent drug tests professional athletes have to undergo. 
Still, if I was a minor celebrity gayer, and was trying to make my rather dull, bourgeois and vanilla life sound interesting I'd probably make up a story about how "I battled a Tina addiction", too.
Like what that Rufus "My In-No-Way-Made-Up Drugs Hell" Wainwright did...

2 comments:

  1. I believe him. But then, I'm not jealous of his amazing good looks and superior-to-Tom-Daley talent.
    Talking of which, didn't she bring out an autobiography recently that I seem to remember you shooting your load over, in more ways than one???
    At the ripe old age of 18 too, I bet that was chock full of incident.

    Come out, Tom - this is the sort of treatment you get from people when you're out and proud.
    Bet she can't wait... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Daley: My Story is the bestest book ever ever written.
      So do one!

      Delete