Saturday 2 March 2013

Eastleigh: Bye

When the local paper cut and pasted the Mail article onto their front page (without I might add, giving me the opportunity to comment), I learned that I had made a classic byelection gaffe of being personally responsible for every death caused by the IRA since 1921. Since I was also losing votes for supporting gay marriage, I might as well have got engaged to Martin McGuinness just to seal the deal...

Humourist and failed Labour candidate John O'Farrell reflects in The Guardian.

Endless post-mortems of the Eastleigh byelection in Saturday's papers.
I love the idea someone would be so nuts and BLOOMIN' ANGRY!!! about "gay marriage" and/or immigration that it'd make them change their vote.

But you do worry about people like that being allowed to vote in the first place.



Update: In her hilarious Express column Ann Widdecombe says it was the gays wot lost it. And wind turbines. Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment