Monday 19 October 2015

Who Dares Wins: Man Up

STANDING on the edge of a 100ft cliff and being urged to step into the unknown, Anthony Selwyn is screaming at the top of his lungs.

In front of him a burly bloke in fatigues is shouting: “Get on with it, pick up your balls and jump.”


The incredibly tense scene is part of a TV series starting tonight that takes ordinary people and puts them through the most gruelling interview on earth — the SAS selection process.

Ant, 23, who describes himself as “a bit of a princess”, is far from his comfort zone as a ballet and West End dancer.

He is shaking with fear. He has hardly slept, eaten little and is living in fear of another part of the show, the next hooded interrogation.

He says: “I’m scared of heights and I just couldn’t get my body to do it. He was screaming inches from my face." ...
 

Ant, who grew up in Sussex and recently starred in the musical Hairspray, was bullied at his all-boys’ school when he came out as gay aged 14.

He says: “It was difficult but it made me who I am. When I saw the advert for the show it said, ‘Are you up to it?’.

“I suppose I wanted to know the answer.” ...


The Sun.

Barely hidden subtext; 'Like a dog walking on his hind legs, it is not done well, but you are surprised to find it done at all,' Samuel Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment