Saturday 31 August 2013

Louis Walsh: Happy As Larry

I wonder about his sexuality. I ask him to tell me if he’s straight or gay. “I can’t,” he says. “Don’t go there. I can’t. I think your private life is your private life.”
It emerges that I am straight. “Really? Are you really straight? I thought you might be gay! I thought you might be.”
Of himself: “Don’t go there! I’m happy. Happy as Larry!”
I mention Kevin Spacey, who said he didn’t want to tell me if he is gay or straight, because to be mysterious, as an actor, is to have an advantage. Louis loves this: “Walking his dog at four in the morning!”
And: “I watched House of Cards. He’s great. Love him, love him, love him.” 

Profile In The Times.

Louis also talks about the toilet incident (“It’s the worst thing ever in my life. My greatest nightmare. I thought my life was over”), Jan Moir on Stephen Gateley (“I think that was her opinion and, you know, in a way, she’s entitled to her opinion. I think she’s a good journalist. I’ve met her since, and I like her"), and is Simon Cowell a gayer ("Not at all... he's theatrical... it's an English thing").
So now you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment