Wednesday 22 May 2013

David Cameron: I've Been Waiting For You

“There will be young boys in schools today who are gay, who are worried about being bullied, who are worried about what society thinks of them, who can see that the highest Parliament in the land has said that their love is worth the same as anyone else’s love and that we believe in equality. And I think they’ll stand that bit taller today and I’m proud of the fact that has happened."

David Cameron, Today programme, May 22nd, 2013.

Almost hate to say it, but this did move me this morning.
Really.
But that's having speechwriters like Julian Glover feeding your lines to you.
You've come a long way, dude.
Wished you could have been there when it mattered. 

"The Blair government continues to be obsessed with their fringe agenda, including deeply unpopular moves like repealing Section 28 and allowing the promotion of homosexuality in schools".

David Cameron, electioneering in 2000.

Back to the class war...

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I suggest you take that up with the PM, sir.

      x

      Delete
  2. What's peen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's American slang for the male sexual penis organ - I think ironic, like something a "mom" would say to a kid.
      I saw someone mention it on Twitter earlier and thought I'd look supercool if I said it here.
      Tragically rumbled!

      PS It's not said in this here post, BTW!

      Delete
    2. You'll notice that most of my comments are posted under the wrong headline...makes it more interesting. :)

      Delete
  3. Someone's been to Beautiful Thing.

    ReplyDelete