Friday 23 September 2011

Thought For The Day: Rev Richard Coles

"It is striking how many of nature's bachelors find themselves at the dressier end of the ecclesiastical spectrum. There's something about the performance, showbiz side of things – the same sensibility that enjoys Rodgers & Hammerstein and middle-period Verdi."

Richard Coles interviewed in The Guardian.
I also liked the line;
"Vicars should look like vicars. It sometimes invites attention you'd rather not have. But it does mean no one sits next to you on the train. Which is a perk."
Richard is presenting Out In The World: A Global Gay History on BBC Radio 3.
Don't agree with his argument that "gay" is a modern construct, but then neither does this history.
Most odd.
Follow the Rev on Twitter - it's divine.

4 comments:

  1. I see he lives with his partner but they have a celibate relationship.
    I have a celibate relationship with my partner - Matt Damon. We don't see each other much, but it works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that's what he means, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does, I've looked it up in the dictionary.
    Unless this definition of "celibate" is false double-speak by the evil hegemony? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd do him. Or rather let him do me.
    I imagine him wearing that dog-collar as he puts his winkle up my bot-bot...mmmm.

    Sorry, you were saying?

    ReplyDelete