Thursday 19 June 2014

Ralph Fiennes: Disturbed

On a recent trip to Russia, he had been asked to sign a written requirement not to employ a homosexual director nor film any gay subject matter. “I knew there was a disturbing level of homophobia, but this written requirement I found profoundly disturbing,” he said. “I’m afraid I laughed – as you do when you discover something really shocking.”


Well this is most odd.
Many people have gone to Russia recently and filmed 'gay subject matter', the culture ministry approves LGBT films, and St Petersburg's annual Side By Side International Film Festival shows both homemade and foreign LGBT cinema.
So why would they single out poor old Ralph Fiennes?
What law would this - and employing a 'homosexual director' - break?
Ah well, if he said it, then I guess it must be true. 
It's about Russia, ain't it?

PS The Pink News Readers' Brains Trust are on cracking form over this

No comments:

Post a Comment