Saturday 25 June 2011

Thought For The Day: Ian McKellen

“I wasn’t one of those closeted actors who lied about it, but I avoided talking about it. It was easy. Nobody ever asked me. If I had told someone I was gay in an interview, the lawyer would have taken it out anyway because it was considered a terrible thing to say about anyone. Simon Callow would talk about being gay in interviews but it would never be reported. In the end he had to write a book to come out!”

Sir Ian McKellen, interviewed in The Times.
He was promoting the Albert Kennedy Trust video he's appeared in highlighting homelessness amongst LGBT youth.
I'm still waking up and at first I read that he said; "Simon Cowell would talk about being gay in interviews but it would never be reported."
Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment