Saturday 14 May 2011

Ian Paisley Jr: It's A Sin (Still)

“I have huge respect for people no matter what their religious and social background. [When asked about his earlier outspoken views on homosexuality, Paisley Jr now says] I think I have grown up since then. I have strong Christian beliefs and moral viewpoints, but you have to realise that while sin is black and white, life is a lot of grey. You have to be mature about these things. I can strongly disagree with those viewpoints, but the point is how you disagree.”

House Magazine talks to Ian Paisley Jr, Democratic Unionist MP for County Antrim and Northern Ireland Assembly member.
In 2005 Paisley commented on the (Canadian) same-sex marriage of an aide to David Trimble; "It is really astounding that David Trimble should have had a man such as this giving him advice - and must surely cast grave doubts on his own political judgement. I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious."
He told Hot Press magazine in 2007; "I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong.
"I think that those people harm themselves and - without caring about it - harm society.
"That doesn't mean to say that I hate them. I mean, I hate what they do."
I still hate you, Mr Paisley.
His father, the former DUP leader and crazed loyalist windbag "Dr" Ian Paisley, founded the brilliantly named camapign 'Save Ulster From Sodomy'.
They didn't.

1 comment:

  1. It's not what we do, it's what we are.
    It's impossible to "love the sinner, hate the sin".
    That's casuistry, as my Uncle, Christopher Hitchens, once say...

    ReplyDelete