Sunday 15 May 2011

George Michael: And I'm Not Sorry

Sir George Michael of Hampstead Heath has taken to the Twittersphere to comment on media coverage of his recent apparent Mea Culpa press conference - in what someone somewhere has almost certainly dubbed "a bizarre outburst".

Hey everyone....something important to say......
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!
This is why I love twitter! MEDIA PAY ATTENTION!
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER APOLOGISE FOR MY SEX LIFE ! GAY SEX IS NATURAL, GAY SEX IS GOOD! NOT EVERYBODY DOES IT, BUT.....HA HA!
I apologised for my driving accidents and the homophobic language that they induced in a HOMOPHOBIC PRESS!
The GUARDIAN of all newspapers should know better. AMELIA HILL. Shouldn't you be working at The Daily Mail?
You see people, if you want the facts without distortion, COME TO TWITTER!!!!
(...)but my point is that the others I care about are the invisible and lonely children...
who are subjected to the LEGAL use of words like 'PERVERT' when they read about gay people in their parents newspapers..its shocking and sad
Please don't get me wrong my lovelies, homophobic verbal abuse has absolutely zero affect on me these days, but ....
I can still remember how it felt to be a teenager. I may have been a bit more confused than your average gay kid but still.....
Good night everyone its really late here....I know I have made my point to the press because whenever they are online ....
the bitchy mentions go thru the roof!! Ha ha, got em just where i want them, I LOVE TWITTER! Love to all, night ! xxx

Mr Michael was back on Twitter an hour ago;

Hey everyone, how u doing?
Have to make an apology today (Makes a change, don't u think!!)
To The Guardian...although Amelia Hill misquoted me, when I looked at footage of the conference I realised...
How journos could have thought I was apologising for sex, not just driving!!!
Remember folks, never apologis for sex...unless you are bad at it!!!!!
But at the same time, those kinder journos who think it's only my sex life that brings about the tabloid homophobia I referred to...
Forget that the Murdoch rags referred to me as 'poof' and 'pervert' several times in response to my campaign against the bombing of Iraq....
And the Daily Mirror's take on my time behind bars opened with 'soap dropper George', which did make me laugh at the time, but still....
So maybe people who thought I was overstating the case should rethink it a little. I thank them anyway :)

I have the feeling she's still Twittering away...

• Today's Observer has run two (2) pieces on George Michael's (non) apology.
Here's Kitty Empire on auto-pilot; 'Tone and pitch – why George Michael's the man to rewrite the rules on gay music'
Snore!
And here's Barbara Ellen 'George Michael crashing into Snappy Snaps doesn't encourage homophobia'
Miss Babs is usually very good on The Gays, but this is rather silly.
"It's not as if we ever think of straight children – they are just children" - A stupid cliche one would expect to read in the Daily Mail.
I presume George hasn't seen these - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment