Tuesday 12 April 2011

Bradley Manning: Front Page News

The Guardian has made Bradley Manning front page news two days running - excellent stuff.
Here's today's story; 'Bradley Manning case sparks UN criticism of US government'.
And yesterday's; 'Bradley Manning: top US legal scholars voice outrage at 'torture''.
There was a great cover feature in The Guardian's G2 last month by David Leigh; 'You can hear Bradley Manning coming because of the chains'.
The Guardian was named Newspaper Of The Year at the Press Awards last week - mainly for its coverage of WikiLeaks.
Accepting the award, editor Alan Rusbridger said; "I’d like to thank the great team at the Guardian for this award and just say something about the Wikileaks story.
“I think it’s too early to say the impact that story had on events in the Middle East and North Africa, but I would guess that it had some effect.”
“We went to the New York Times to share that story mainly because of the First Amendment which is the gold standard for free speech in the world.
“At a time when our own libel laws are being reformed, I hope the Obama Administration is going to think about what it does about Julian Assange and Bradley Manning.”
“It’s no secret we have had our ups and downs with [Assange], he’s an interesting man and a difficult man, but I think at a time when the eyes of the world will be on how America reacts I hope they don’t go for him in the way that has been suggested and I hope very much that they treat Bradley Manning properly.
“I think we should remember those two men – and particularly Bradley Manning tonight.”

Bradley Manning Support Network.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the quality of the image - I'l try and find a sharper one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the better scan!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete