Wednesday 11 November 2015

Seth Bogart: Eating Makeup

There are two stories I wanted to write about today - Seán Faye's article The Gay Men Who Hate Women and the gay man who fell to his death from a cruise liner - but they're both rather complicated things to respond to and I have a splitting headache. So... tomorrow maybe. x

PS Looking forward to a triple whammy tonight of three of the few telly programmes I actually enjoy; Cuffs, My Psychic Life [Edit: Apparently there was just one episode of this. Oops!], and Peep Show!

1 comment:

  1. 'Conversely, expression of desire is often fetishizing, crude, and unsolicited. Just this morning, one charmer asked me on Grindr, "will u dress up in knickers and stockings for me slutty boy?" This refracted misogyny...'

    It's impossible to read that sentence and not suddenly hear it in the voice of Glen's Homophobia Newsletter.
    The article seems to be full of "I once heard someone in a bar say..." and half the time the context seems to be lost.

    ReplyDelete