Saturday 16 November 2013

Thought For The Day: Andrew Scott


“Mercifully, these days people don't see being gay as a character flaw. But nor is it a virtue, like kindness. Or a talent, like playing the banjo. It's just a fact. Of course, it's part of my make-up, but I don't want to trade on it. I am a private person; I think that's important if you're an actor. But there's a difference between privacy and secrecy, and I'm not a secretive person. Really I just want to get on with my job, which is to pretend to be lots of different people. Simple as that.”

Independent.

PS As far as I know this interview - where the above quote appears without fanfare halfway through - is Scott's rather modern quiet coming out.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise Scott was gay. It makes the scene in Sherlock where Holmes mistakenly thinks Moriarty's character is gay more amusing. Him and Benny Cumberbatch must have had fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if this was his quiet coming out...

      Delete