Friday 15 November 2013

Gogglebox: Token Gays

Hairdresser Stephen Webb, 42, watches with his partner Chris Steed, 37, at the latter’s bungalow in Brighton.

Why is Gogglebox such a success?

The great variety of characters. We’re all different, from the families to the older couple to the token gays – us. Also, people are fundamentally voyeuristic. That’s why Big Brother was so popular for years. This has a similar appeal.

How does it feel to watch yourself?

I was quite shocked at first. I’m fatter and older than I thought I was. Mum says: “All you do is laugh at your own jokes.”

Most embarrassing moment?

We were talking about what would happen if I went on Embarrassing Bodies and Chris said: “Then everyone would know you’ve got a small willy.”

I was really p***ed off about that!

The best programme you watched?

I would never have watched One Born Every Minute if it wasn’t for Gogglebox, now I’m addicted. And I love Sarah Beeny – although I’d like to get my hands on her hair. I’m not a big fan of X Factor and I don’t like Downton Abbey.

Which other Goggleboxers do you most enjoy watching?

I love Sandy and Sandra. I’d love to meet Sandra. She’d be a scream.


The Sun interviews Stephen from Gogglebox - a charming tellybox programme about people watching the tellybox so good even noted tellyphobe Fagburn watches it.

Irony klaxon!

PS Does anyone know why Stephen and Chris are always wearing shorts? Even in November! Apart from them being perverts, obvs...

1 comment:

  1. yeah i noticed this - must be because these damned homosexuals can't have children so they waste all their cash on excessive central heating

    ReplyDelete