Thursday 14 March 2013

St Francis: Of Ass Is I

…Well, it's been a wonderful campaign. Congratulations!

Mrs. Thatcher Thank you very much.

How do you feel at this moment?

Mrs. Thatcher Very excited, very aware of the responsibilities. Her Majesty The Queen has asked me to form a new administration and I have accepted. It is, of course, the greatest honour that can come to any citizen in a democracy. (Cheering) I know full well the responsibilities that await me as I enter the door of No. 10 and I'll strive unceasingly to try to fulfil the trust and confidence that the British people have placed in me and the things in which I believe. And I would just like to remember some words of St. Francis of Assisi which I think are really just particularly apt at the moment.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

"And I won't be tempted by vile evils cause vile evils are vile evils" - Ambition, Vic Godard, late 20th century south-west London philosophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment