Thursday 8 December 2011

Tom Daley: His First Gay Interview!

You'll have to forgive Fagburn, but this is a few weeks old.
I know, it's just like Pink News!
Tom Daley has given his first interview to the gay press and/or media.
It was with So So Gay - a website Fagburn doesn't look at that often cause it reads like it was put together, not by journalists, but by some primary school children on 'Let's Pretend We're...' afternoon.
Anyway, one Jon Hornbuckle (!) caught up with our Tom backstage at the Radio 1 Teen Awards last month.
Here it is in full!

SSG: Hi Tom! Next year is the big 2012: are you excited or nervous?

Tom Daley: It’s so exciting: every sportsperson wants to get to the Olympic games, and to have the chance to do it in front of a home crowd is just completely insane.

How have next year’s Games impacted your life?

The 2012 Olympics has had a massive impact on my life. I have been very determined to get ready for the Games: it’s something that drives me on every day.

What do you have to do each day?

At the moment I am training four to five hours a day, six days a week. I still have to go to school to do my A-levels at the same time, so I am completely busy all the time, but hopefully it will be worth it.

We’re at the Radio 1 Awards today: who on the line-up were you most excited to see, and who else are you loving in the charts at the moment

I’ve just seen Ed Sheeran and he was incredible. I am a huge fan of Black Eyed Peas, too!

I’ve heard rumours they might split up!

No, really!? I hope not!

Have you had the chance to watch The X Factor yet?

I love X Factor, I love it every single year.

Who are you rooting for?

Misha is my favourite so far!

What do you think of the new judging line-up, too?

The new judges are really cool – it has made it all a bit edgy and different. It’s good to mix it up a bit and keep things fresh.

So so there you go!!!
Brilliant!
An interview every bit as illuminating as it was entertaining!
Admittedly, they weren't quite the same questions that I'd have asked our plucky young Olympic hopeful, but then again if I asked Tom what I'd like to ask him I'd probably be in prison.
So, well done, Tommy.
And well done So So Gay!
I is so so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment