Friday 9 July 2010

Pop and Politics 1 - Mr Caracas meets Ms Crackers


"Oh yeah - Chavez has a huge crush on me," the ever-reliable and self-effacing Courtney Love has told Uncut magazine.
"No, seriously! He's been sending me flowers. I'm not shitting you."
Yes, seriously. She really is not "shitting you" - Hugo Chavez, Venezuela's left-wing president, met the mentally unbalanced bubbly Ms Love at a New York screening of Oliver Stone's new documentary about Latin America's Pink Tide, South of the Border.
"Oliver sat me in the front row - and I'm wearing this red dress, and it's quite short. Chavez had no idea who I was. Anyway, his aide - this gay guy who's totally into me - comes up and introduces me to Chavez, and I say, 'El Controversial!'. And then he kisses me, and says, 'I love America! I kissed a girl in a rock 'n' roll band!'"
"Now he sends me flowers. He's a cute little fat guy."
Fagburn also enjoys the fascinating fag fact - and ever so catchy internal rhyme; Chavez/has a/gay PA.
¡Olé!

No comments:

Post a Comment