Friday 5 February 2016

Hanky: Code

 
Almost every week a new gay dating app joins the market. Competing against the likes of Grindr and Scruff most will likely fall into the abyss, never to be heard of again. But one recently sparked my interest: Hanky.

Hanky, launched a couple of weeks ago, will aim to “avoid the perils of online dating such as ‘catfishing’, ‘creeps’ and ‘time wasters’” by making it so that users can only join if invited by another user or voted in by three others. The site boasts that that “at least eight out of 10 prospects do not get in”, making it a pretty exclusive club. But co-founder Jonas Cornfield doesn’t care. As he said:

We will probably never have five million members like some of these other apps because so many get turned away. But we’ll choose quality over quantity any day … our users are nicer and more sexy.

My translation: no fats, no femmes, no twinks, no Asians...


Guardian online.

It sounds ghastly, but not sure how you reached that 'translation', or conclusion.

'We iz our own worst enemies!!' is such guilt-tripping bourgeois crap.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, he can oppress me anytime.

    No. I don't know why people use them. I think they are sorta intrinsically dodgy, and I say that as someone who isn't overly cautious. Like "time wasters"... That's so insulting. Maybe they just changed their mind or something. I find the whole idea of it really odd, sorry. I'm very old fashioned in alot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what it is, its the opposite to how I think. Like its always been this ball breaking obsession and it needs to be difficult. I want to try really hard and for them to barely acknowledge me. :P if its too easy I find it off putting. There should be lots of fighting and agonising romantic feelings which you struggle to suppress. Lol.

    Sounds like a barrel of laughs dunnit :P

    With women I'm like this tho. I'm like hey baby nice rack OK kit off great thx bye. LOL. but I can't go near em cos I get quite uncomfortably ERM interested haha

    ReplyDelete