Friday 11 April 2014

Michael Fabricant: A Bestial Backstory

“Now, when the Sochi Games started I did a few tweets pointing out that Russia had a very crude and outdated legal system in its attitude to gays. And someone tweeted at me asking ‘are you gay or are you just pretending to be?’

“And I thought well, I could ignore this, but then again what the heck and I had this picture of Darren [a llama owned by his friend, Matthew Parris - you heard me]. So I tweeted: ‘What I can reveal is that I’m having an affair with a llama. But I won’t say if it’s a boy llama or a girl llama.’”

“Well, it then turns out that a certain individual who is a strategist contracted to the Conservative party decided that this was outrageous. He spoke to David Cameron, told him that after the party had almost torn itself apart over gay marriage me – a vice chairman – advocating bestial marriage was a step too far..."

The 'eccentric' Michael Fabricant in an Independent interview following his sacking in the wake of Maria Miller's resignation

No comments:

Post a Comment