Saturday 1 June 2013

Thought For The Day: Susan Sarandon

There are a lot of actors who are still in the closet. If you’re a leading man, even admitting to yourself that you’re gay is a big thing and it must just be torture not to be able to own one of the most interesting parts of yourself, which is your sexuality. But I would never urge someone to come out unless they wanted to. That’s their business. 

Susan Sarandon in The Times.
Thus obeying the first rule of these weekend magazines Q&As; if they're an actor ask them about closeted actors - and/or ask can gay actors play straight roles and/or vice-versa.
Rule two: If they're gay ask them about coming out.

PS Fagburn preferred this quote; "People say to me: “Why should we listen to any of your political views?” I say: “Why should you care who I’m sleeping with?”"

2 comments:

  1. "sleeping with" ??!!

    Come on, Fagburn, cut out the euphemisms. You ought to know by now that most gay sex doesn't happen in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear you may be mixing me up with Susan Sarandon. This happens a lot, by the way...

      x

      Delete